Thursday, October 30, 2008

Preferences nearly closed, candidates' forum information

The closing time for candidates to enter their preferences is tomorrow (Friday) at 4pm. I will be posting my full preference listing on this blog to ensure full transparency.

Next Friday night, there will be a candidates' forum at the Pines Community Centre in Frankston North from 7.30pm. Apparently, each candidate will be presenting for two minutes on their vision of the future of Frankston. Although Frankston North is not in my ward (South-West), I will be attending to show support for my North-West counterpart Les Mallett as well as doing a presentation myself. I have heard from a couple of other candidates from my ward that they will not be attending. I guess some candidates aren't serious about helping Frankston as a whole and are focussed on their own areas.

Anyway, I am off for a run around Frankston with my wife. Frankston has some incredible places for running or taking a stroll. The boardwalk is one of my favourite spots, and of course our incredible beach - the safest beach in Victoria!

No comments: