Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A day of history...

Today is a rest day from the local government elections, whilst I enjoy watching the US Elections on the ABC. I am interested to see if there is any form of a swing towards Ralph Nader - I hope that the other parties such as Nader's and McKinney's don't take away from getting a Democrat into the WhiteHouse.

The first black American President will be a moment in history to look back on... like the Twin Towers attacks on 9/11/01, the day that Kurt Cobain killed himself, the day that John Lennon was shot, the day that Kennedy was assassinated, the day that Holt didn't come back from having a swim.

I will be attending the Frankston North candidates' forum on Friday night - I have heard that not many candidates will be showing up, but I will be there to present to people my platform and why I am running for Council. It is also situated in the ward that my friend and compatriate Les Mallett is running in so I look forward to supporting him.

Every candidate has their "candidate statement" and "preferences" available on the VEC website - I encourage you to check out their ideas and hopes.

My leaflets should be hitting your letterboxes within the next week.

No comments: