Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More childcare for Council

I was asked today if I supported more Council-run childcare?

Having a young family, childcare is very important to me. Council-run childcare and Family Day Care are essential to enable families to meet the needs of the current economic climate. It helps people get back to work or study after having children.

The Greens have come out firing inrecent weeks, asking that childcare be moved back into the hands of the people in light of the recent ABC Childcare debacle.

If the government runs these childcare centres, they have more ownership and control over issues affecting parents and the children who attend the centres. The government would be accountable, and care would become a lot better as a result.

1 comment:

Nitheesh said...

Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.


Child Care Centres Victoria